Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Happy Birthday, Kandinsky!!

In order to help me get back in the flow of blogging, I thought that I would take a few moments to celebrate the birthday of one of my very favorite artists, Wassily Kandinsky.  His name may be a little strange, but his art was...well, stranger.  And wonderful!  When I was in New York City in 2009 I saw a few of his paintings at the MOMA and nearly cried!!  They're beautiful! (I often have that reaction when seeing in person the work of an artist I've studied - during that same visit I saw Picasso's "Les Demoiselles d'Avignon" and was like a giddy school girl!) 

I love the way that Kandinsky uses color, shapes, and line to create so much movement and excitement in his paintings.  I won't give you an art history lecture, I'll just include in here some of my favorites of his paintings for you to enjoy!!








If you'd like to see more of his work, check out this website (link here) - you can also click on the images above to see their source and find out more!

Happy Birthday, Kandinsky!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love that last one! The colors are gorgeous in all of them!

    ReplyDelete