Sunday, May 4, 2014

Week 8: Exhibit Preparation

This week I spent a lot of time working on finishing up paintings and getting everything ready for an exhibit I have going up next week.  (I also went to see a play that 212's theater company put on, but more about that in a post to come.)  

In March, I posted about a painting of a rusty hinge that I was working on, and the process I went through to get there.  That was the first in a series of paintings that I've been working on for a show I have going up next week, all based on photos I took at Greenfield Village.  I was able to finish seven paintings for the show, and have ten photographs going in it as well, all square-shaped.  I also have two paintings in the works that I might add to the show later, if I can fix them... 

The show will be at a cafe in Saline, unfortunately called, "My Favorite Cafe."  I have a problem with places putting words in my mouth...  It's actually not my favorite cafe, though it is really nice, and works regularly with 212 to exhibit the work of local artists.  Anyway, MFC will be exhibiting my series, called "Greenfield Village Up Close" for a couple of months, and we'll have a reception the first weekend of June (more info to come).  

I feel like the tone of this post is very monotonous...I apologize for that!  I'm feeling a little sleepy this evening!  I'll wrap it up by putting photos of the three paintings I finished this week.  I'm mostly pleased with how they turned out, but wish I could fix a few things here and there!  Sometimes I just have to walk away and call them done!





1 comment: