Monday, April 21, 2014

Week 6: Greenfield Village

I know this is Monday and not Friday (when I usually do my weekly review) but being off on Friday for the Easter holiday threw me off a bit!  It was a good week, though, so I wanted to be sure to review it.

I'll be writing about part of the week later, but for now wanted to focus on a big highlight - Greenfield Village is open again!!!  Hallelujah!  It reopened last week on Tuesday, but due to crummy weather I decided to wait and go on Thursday.  It was a good decision!  The weather was perfect on Thursday.  I spent about five hours there, ate lunch outside (a delicious flatbread sandwich bought from the "Taste of History" cafeteria), made a mini brass candlestick (I had NO idea you could do that there - it's AWESOME!!), chatted with some docents at the chapel, journaled, searched for cool doorknobs, and sat and contemplated life. ;)  It was wonderful!  I love it there - an outdoor museum, surrounded by history...is it any wonder it's the subject of my current series of paintings (and one of my favorite places)?  

Here are some photos from my day there...you might see a familiar...face... in some photos:























1 comment:

  1. I think skull-y had a great time.
    I love your blog..thanks for sharing so much.

    ReplyDelete