Friday, April 25, 2014

Week 7: Failure!


So last week I...failed. I was working on a couple of paintings, and they just did NOT turn out the way I wanted them!!  One of them I just kept staring at thinking, "I don't know what I thought I was doing here..."  I had a very "Dinosaur-from-Meet-the-Robinsons" moment:

I knew, though, that, "From failure, you learn. From success...not so much." I'm frustrated that these paintings didn't turn out how I planned them, but I'm learning a lot in the process.  For one of them, I started over from scratch and ended up like parts of the second one better, but other parts I felt were better in the first painting.  Each time I learn something and each subsequent painting that I do will be better for it.  Failure can be one of the best learning tools that we have!


You just have to focus on what you have learned, rather than on the fact that you failed.


"Keep moving forward" - possibly the most important step.  When we fail and then just sit and stew in our failure, nothing gets accomplished.  But if we pause, accept our failure, and then keep moving forward, we can learn so much more and become a better person for it.



Walt Disney had it right!  So don't worry if you fail.  Just go watch "Meet the Robinsons" (one of my favorite movies, if you can't already tell), and then Keep Moving Forward!
(I didn't mean for this post to be a motivational speech, but there you go!)

2 comments:

  1. I love Meet the Robinsons too! Yay for moving forward!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is one of the best movies. Good message, both of you.

    ReplyDelete